Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, Memorial Day weekend is over. Summer has officially started. It is cloudy and foggy. When will the sun come out for more than just a few hours? Is this what the future will be like when we are in full global warming. Glad I won't be around then.

I went to my friend's house for a dinner party on Sunday. It was nice. Had the best cole slaw ever! I didn't stay late or even get rowdy. Am I getting old?

The ducks headed for the woods on Saturday. Fly helped get them back. He is quite the herding dog. I wish I better. He deserves better.

I think I spend too much time alone. Maybe, I have forgotten how to interact with people on a social level. I don't get lonely or crave being with people. I know being out and about is good for me. Sometimes, I just have an emptiness inside.

I thought about Al quite a bit. I should have gone to the cemetary. I don't know why. I know he isn't there. I guess it just show respect. It has been almost 10 years and I still miss him so much. He would know what needs to be done first on the house and tell me how to get it done.

I need to find someone to do custom baling. I have a field full of nice grass that would keep the sheep through the winter. Hay is always a big issue when you have livestock. I don't know if I want big round bales or the square bales. Guess it depends on who I can find.

More sheep coming in July, I hope. I need some younger sheep. Don't want woolies. Hair sheep are better. They are calmer and don't have to be sheared.

Back to pondering.

No comments: